Port Said, Egypt

Thursday, February 21, 1929

Still more or less cloudy today. I wrote all morning and part of the afternoon. Received a letter from Frank and Mort from Cairo. Found that unless we take the boat sailing tomorrow or Saturday, we shall have to wait till about March 20 for the next one. It is a great saving to live here, but it is also time wasted, so I wired the boys. Don’t know if they’ll come or not, for they haven’t yet been to Luxor. Kind of thought they might turn up tonight, so walked down to the station. A number of ships in today, three German, two or three British, and a French boat. Still they claim business is slack and will not pick up till March.

Comments are closed.